Friday, December 4, 2009

LOT'S WIFE

"She was a prosperous woman who may have been more attached to the good life than was good for her."

Lot's wife can be found in Genesis 18:16-19 and Luke 17:28-33

6 comments:

  1. I believe Lot's wife enjoyed her position as the wife of wealthy man. She probably enjoyed her nice home aand posessions as well. I think she was reluctant to give up that life. She was not in favor of moving and starting over. Thus she did not trust completely in the Lord and his angels. So we can learn how important it is to trust completely in the Lord. When He says flee and do not look back, that is exaclty what he means.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla's thoughts...... Learning to trust in God's plan is not easy. There is the second guessing and doubt that we are hearing God's plan correctly. The faith of the father that lost his daughter on Mt Hood this week was amazing. He said he had prayed for his daughter's safe return, God answers all prayers, this time the answer was" no". He was not angry at God, but trusted in God and knew he would be reunited with her again, this was The Plan.

    In my prayer, I ask that God allow me to be open to his plan. I had way too much of Lot's wife in me and I am learning to follow His plan. Knowing with confidence what the plan is can make following it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These readings reminded me that our purpose in life is to follow God's plan for us, look to the future rather than the past and live in the present and future for what they are - a gift from God. God will always lead us to a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me, it sounds like, "get going the way you are supposed to go... NOW" I'm so busy lollygagging around in my "stuff" that when the Lord says to leave it, I better be doing that! It sounds a little harsh; but the passages in Luke aren't exactly comforting!
    And as the ladies have said, God will ALWAYS lead us to a better place when we follow HIS plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (sorry this is late)The story of Lot's wife reminds me of the saying "you can't take it with you!!"
    I found a statment pertaining to this reading that we should be mindful of -"willful disobedience leads to eternal loss"
    We can learn from her example by taking a look at who the competitors of Christ are for FIRST place in our hearts. possessions, money etc. Humbling story that tells where our focus should be and how much value we place on things that 'we can't take with us'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lot's wife reminds me of myself. I often see myself through my past and it brings me nothing but unhappiness. Lot's wife reminds me to hold my head up high and keep my eyes, my mind, and my heart focused on my Lord. My wealth is not in my earthly possessions but in the glory of the life to come.

    ReplyDelete